Thursday, May 22, 2014

On the less is more evolution...

About the new fear factor, feeding kids (or not feeding them) in need as a political football, and these folk seem to be on to something...

I've been spending a lot of my spare time the last couple of days working on a new design for some spearfishing gear of the less is more sort and, for those who find that sort of thing interesting, there should be some information in the not too distant future over at Fishing Under Sail as the project gets into gear. I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track as I just decided to sell my big Rob Allen rail gun whose stowage is such that I play kneesies with it every time I sit down in the head.

I mention this because a lot of cruising gear seems to be based more on what people can sell to folks on sailboats rather than what people actually need on sailboats. A distinction of some importance and one I've been pondering for a while now.

Listening to Flogging Molly

So it goes...