Friday, May 23, 2014

a box with my name on it...

"H" season is just about here, the dumbing down of America just got turbocharged, and not exactly everybody's favorite secret ingredient...

There's a package sitting up at the post office containing the raw materials I had to order from off-island for my new windvane self-steering and I'm looking forward to picking it up.

I like building stuff and the constuction of a new and improved self-steering gear is a great way to spend a few afternoons.

Better yet, it saves me a lot of money. Last time I looked a comparable design bought from a purveyor of various vanes sells for over $5000. By the time this vane is finished and installed, I don't expect it to be more that $350 out of pocket... I'm sure you can do the math.

I'll let you know what the final tally works out to.

Listening to Strangers in Paradise

So it goes...