Wednesday, May 21, 2014

a couple of projects...

This makes a lot of sense, this doesn't, and a pretty interesting interview...

We've been meaning to sell our Hobie Mirage as we're getting back into cruising mode and there is simply no place to put it on a 34-foot boat... Kind of a bummer as the mirage drive is truly awesome and it's a great fishing and diving platform. I'll certainly be keeping my eye out for one on sale or anyone selling the inflatable version used because I think it would make for an incredible full-time tender.

That said, it does mean I have a requirement for a diving/fishing vehicle and it has me jumping through some hoops looking at various inflatable, folding and nesting options that would be more 34-foot boat friendly...

Speaking of such things Wooden Widget has a new folding canoe called the Foldak that looks very interesting and might just do the trick if set up with an ama or two to make it an outrigger...



The other project is a new dinghy and I'm currently considering a Danny Greene Chameleon or a new stretched Tortoise which would incorporate some ideas/hindsight.

Listening to Guy Clark

So it goes...