Monday, March 24, 2014

Five years ago, I was a four stone apology Today, I am two separate gorillas...

You have to admit it floats right side up, the bottom line is power, and in the you should be scared shitless department...

I got a note in my email this morning asking me what I thought of the various cunning and not so cunning products that make your winches electric with the aid of some sort of drill or handheld motor.

Does the phrase "bag of hammers" have a certain resonance?

Seriously, if you need a bigger winch get a bigger winch.

That said, most boats these days already have bigger winches than they need already so you really have to ask yourself if the problem is not that your winch is too weak but the person operating it...

In which case I can heartily recommend the Mr Apollo course of body building...

No tiresome exercises, no tricks,
no unpleasant bending, Wrestle poodles and win!  
 ... or a smaller more easily managed boat.

Nuff said.

Listening to The Bonzo Dog Band

So it goes...