A 25th Anniversary of note, art of the four wall surf kind, and this is somewhat nervous making...
The other day I was looking at trailers from some of the films currently touring with the 2014 Fly Fishing Film Tour and it got me thinking.
Why is there not a reasonable facsimile of a cruising bent and why are there so few films on the subject of cruising?
As a person who shoots film, the big problem of shooting something cruising or sailing related is that there is simply no venues to actually show the film once you've made it. So, a traveling venue like the Fly Fishing Film Tour would make all kinds of sense on a bunch of levels...
- As a means of getting the word out about your film
- As an aid to selling DVD copies
- Garnering interest of broadcasters and distributors
- Helping you find sponsors for future films
- Improve the quality of genre production
- Provide films for an audience that has pretty much been ignored and neglected
Listening to Dave Davies
So it goes...