Thursday, January 17, 2013

Doing the happy dance...

Just another case of unfair application of the law, something you might want to ponder on, and just another story where the EPA is someone's bitch...

I'm pretty sure I need to design a new dinghy...

For quite a while now I've been on the lookout for a good deal on a couple of Hobie Mirage drives. Up till now finding Mirage drives at all, much less for a cheapseats-friendly price, has been seriously problematic but, if you're patient, things usually come together.

I now have two, count them, two Mirage drives!

Well, to be accurate, I also happen to have a 14'6" Hobie Oasis Kayak that came with those Mirage drives and, you know what?

It is a seriously sweet ride! Maybe not the world's best yacht tender as I've yet to figure a sensible way to store it on deck or a means of having it ferry water jugs but, yeah, it's a sweet ride!

Which is why I'm going to have to build a more cruiser-friendly dinghy that can make use of those two Mirage drives. Maybe a stretched Deckster in some sort of nesting configuration or maybe just start with a Chameleon plan that I was going to build and mix up the interior so I can install the Mirage drives... I'll let you know how it goes.

In the meantime, I've got this awesome kayak to play with... How cool is that?

Listening to the Hula Honeys

So it goes...