Monday, November 26, 2012

Something that seriously rocks...

Ummm, I just think I threw up a little bit, yeah definitely in the hurl zone, and oh holy crap...

I really, really have to quit reading the news before I get my second cup of coffee.

One thing folks on boats who play guitar have to put up with is no one who is building guitar gear even has a clue what we actually need. Take guitar amps for instance...

Now, I've previously mentioned the difficulty of finding boat-sized guitar amplification here and here. The problem is not so much that the companies in question are not making good stuff, it is just that they don't quite get what's really needful.

So, what do I want that I have not been finding?

Well, for one, batteries suck because they don't last and give different performance levels when they're charged, semi-charged, and nearly dead. Secondly, running amps on boats using an inverter never quite cuts it either as there is something off about the sound and when you start using effects all of a sudden you're spending more time dealing with the hum from hell than you are playing...

How about someone designing a 12-volt DC amplifier or at least an AC amp with a separate 12V circuit. Hey, as long as we're wishing, might as well add a nine-volt circuit to run your pedals!

Well, you know what? There really is a god/goddess and I'm pretty sure he/she might be working for ZT Amplifiers...

Check out the Lunch Box JR!


Better yet check out the back panel...

The world just became a better place!

Listening to Jo Jo Gunne

So it goes...