Tuesday, September 18, 2012

sigh...

I find this article just that little bit disturbing, even a bit more to disturb you here, and, just maybe, a little ray of sunshine...

"Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."
Jimi Hendrix
I'm not sure why waking up today and being presented with the fact that Jimi Hendrix died forty-two years ago today should make me feel so bad.

Part of it is Hendrix was simply a great guitar player and considering how his influence is such a part of guitar that you wonder how much greater it would have been if he'd continue to mature...

Part of it, of course, is that it makes me feel old and reminds me that the current 2012 is not the future we'd hoped for back in 1970.

Listening to Rebecca Pidgeon

So it goes...