Monday, September 17, 2012

A zipper free dream...

Something to keep in mind, about kicking the can down the road, and something that gives a whole new meaning to "Be prepared"...

I've pretty much just trashed another daypack...

The problem is always the same, no matter how often I lube and try and keep the zipper functioning one day I pick up my pack to go shopping and the zipper don't work.

Oh yeah, I use all the various fixes from WD-40 to Blaster, spit and hot water, until I resort to brute force in which the zipper pull simply gives up the ghost...

Now, packs are important for us as we tend to do our shopping on foot and we like to walk so shopping usually involves carrying some serious weight a couple miles or more on a pretty regular basis. So the perfect pack has to be up to carrying at least a case of canned goods or suchlike. You know, something like the old Alpine Designs Eiger pack.


The problem is that Alpine designs no longer exists and the old Eiger pack is no longer built and those still kicking around are considered collectors items... That said, the Eiger pack still has too many 吸牛 zippers for my tastes!

The thing is for a guy on a boat there really should be a better sort of pack and I've been going nuts trying to find something that made sense.

It's been a long road but I think I've finally found just what I'm looking for... Check this out NO ZIPPERS!



Listening to Ryan Bingham

So it goes...