Friday, June 15, 2012

On the project list...

A very possible near future scenario, some good points here, and a new reason I'm happy I have electric propulsion...

One of the projects I keep meaning to get around to is building some new hatches for "So It Goes"... A project, which I might add, is some kind of problematic as while building new hatches is actually pretty easy every time I think I have the time and opportunity to do the deed other more pressing projects come to the forefront. Anyone working on their boat knows how it goes.

For those with an interest in hatches, the ones I plan to build will be along the lines of the design Maurice Griffiths popularized in his various plans (Eventide,Waterwitch,etc) and they look something like this...

The upside is that they won't leak like my Lewmar (might-as-well-call-them-a-shower-head) hatches and won't cost much at all. The downside is I have to find a few hours to actually build them...

Listening to Tom Morello

So it goes...