Sunday, April 22, 2012

A new tool for the rigging bag...

Nice to hear this one, Colson may be dead but dirty tricks are still with us, and in the pants-on-fire file...

Working with Dynex Dux and other exotic materials is pretty easy (a splice is after all just a splice) but cutting Dux requires blades that will hold an edge and the current tool of choice aboard "So It Goes" is a ceramic knife...

That said, I've really been looking for some ceramic scissors but have yet to find anything priced to my, shall we say, frugal appetites.

While not having ceramic blades this set of scissors caught my eye...

I've always had great luck with scissors made by Fiskars and these look like just the thing for trimming and tapering Dynex Dux and Amsteel. Need I point out it also opens bottles?

Listening to Marah

So it goes...