Monday, April 23, 2012

A good book not about sailing, boat design or boatbuilding...

Fifty years after "Silent Spring", worth a watch, and how to make those pesky carcasses go BOOM...

I'm currently reading a book on the my Kindle entitled "Jaden Baker" by Courtney Kirchoff.

The reason I mention this is because I came across the author from a post on her website about her sailboat (an Islander with the moniker of SV Libby) and, as her site mentioned, she'd just published a novel and my Kindle was hungry...

The thing is, it is a really good book in a somewhat harrowing and relentless fashion that has me wanting to pick it up to read the next chapter while being just that little bit afraid to do so. Just the sort of book I can really sink my teeth into.

Oh yeah, it's not about boats but well worth a read...

Listening to It's a Beautiful Day

So it goes...