Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Harrier jump jets and the less/more conundrum...

Something of interest, a blog I read every day, and over at Clusterfuck the words "neo-medieval socio-economic model of daily life" resonate...

My brain hurts...


Which, I suppose, is what I should expect to get looking at copious arches on a plethora of sailboats trying to come up with a cunning solution to the whole arch or no arch conundrum.

Yesterday we had a big Southerly anchored next to us whose arch/davit/solar installation was of such magnitude that you could have used it to land a helicopter, Harrier jump jet, or use it to hold ballroom dancing competitions... Not a big help to my cunning low key arch search as it happens.

But, looking at what seems like hundreds of pictures of various arches I've come to the conclusion that less is very much the way to go and, apparently, how easy it is for folks to slip down the primrose path of MORE...

Here, on the other hand, is a very interesting and clean minimal arch on a Roberto Barros Kiribati 36 which you can't land a Harrier jump jet on...



Listening to Renaud

So it goes...