Thursday, March 15, 2012

Learning through misadventure...

Something you should read about wolves and politics, someone at Goldman Sachs apparently grew a conscience, and what the media misses...

I'm in the midst of trying to repair a "new" to me inflatable kayak I recently bought and it's not a pretty picture...


On the plus side, nothing teaches you what works or does not work in a design like having it fail and then seeing the why of that failure and it is especially frustrating as some elements of this design make so much sense only to be ruined by cutting corners on materials or labor somewhere else. Sadly, the way things are built these days it's often impossible to see how things are put together unless they fail and you get up close and personal with them trying to fix them.

That said, the old adage of "What does not kill us makes us stronger" is certainly apt and, while the new kayak is something of a disaster, it has taught me how to build a better inflatable dinghy. The big question is now that I know, how do I turn it into a reality?

Oh yeah, you might want to give Clear Blue Hawaii products a miss...

Listening to Rickie Lee Jones

So it goes...