Sunday, January 15, 2012

The real danger of living in paradise...

Space crap falls down, a film you should watch and why, plus Attainable Adventure Cruising points out something important...

Living on a boat someplace warm is not exactly the sort of man-against-nature struggle that some folks will lead you to believe...

For instance, my big issues of the day amount to working on the new dinghy for an hour or so, figuring out whether breakfast is plain or blueberry waffles, and doing some laundry.

Yep, no clawing off a lee shore in a force ten, no pirates, and only a little concern that a bit of a Mars probe might rain down while I'm working on the dinghy and I do a toilet seat girl gig (note to self: remember to take umbrella). That said, I'm pretty sure that any of those scenarios would be preferable to doing the laundry and the ever-overflowing laundry bag...

Some time back I mentioned that a possible interesting and boat friendly way to do laundry would be to use a commercial salad spinner or a coming, but not yet ready for prime time, smaller washing machine based on the concept of a salad spinner... Which, for those who are interested, is no longer vapor-ware and is now available... My money's is still on the salad spinner though.

Anyway, I've still not gotten around to buying one of the commercial salad spinners and as a result have to hump way too much laundry to a far too expensive laundromat and with every step wishing it were a lee shore I could claw my way off...

Listening to Save Ferris

So it goes...