Monday, January 23, 2012

A quick note about stitch and glue...

An interesting read, a note on a passing, and “If you want to walk fast, walk alone. If you want to walk far, walk together.

Throwing together a stitch and glue dinghy is pretty easy and working a couple hours a day for a few days you wind up with a dinghy that performs just fine at a fraction of the cost of an inflatable...

In my mind, the real advantage is that it's easy to tweak whatever dinghy you are building for your own use. In the case of the one sitting on my deck right now, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be glassing in a couple of rod holders, a place for the dinghy anchor and rode to sit, as well as a means of keeping jerry cans immobile when I ferry water out to the boat.

The best book on the subject for me will always be Dynamite Payson's  "Build the New Instant Boats" which will tell you everything you need to know on the subject and give you some great building plans as well... 

Fun stuff...

Listening to Kassav

So it goes...