Sunday, September 05, 2010

Some thoughts on snake oil...

Every day I find all sorts of fun and frolic in my inbox of a scammy and spammy variety and while most of it is so idiotic (I'm dying and have decided to give you 26 million dollars because I liked the sound of your email address) I do have to remind myself that folks would not be doing the scams if people were not falling for them...

Of course, scams come in all sorts of types and sizes but when all is said and done, they all share the same "too-good-to-be-true" essence whether it be an electric drive that promises more than is possible in a world governed by physics, an anchor that promises performance in excess of common sense or anything that simply seems too good to be true just may have that whiff of... Snake oil.

And, dear readers, snake oil is not a good thing to have on a boat!

Nuff said...

Listening to Mr Bad Example by the late and great Warren Zevon
(apt music to buy anchors by)