Monday, March 29, 2010

Some folks say I'm simple minded... A couple of cool rigs!

Actually we had a bunch of people who asked about just what a  proto-Simplicity rig actually is. Short form, I guess, is that I'm doing a bit of beta testing for Mark Smaalders on the rig he has planned for his new Simplicity design series to help sort out any wrinkles...

On "So It Goes" it will look something like this... 



 While on the new Simplicity 42/43 it will look like this...


Kinda cool...Huh?

It gets better, check out the gaff version of the Simplicity 42/43...


Yeah... Seriously sexy! Truth be told if I thought our CAL 34 could pull off the gaff rig and keep some street cred in the process I'd be all over it! A gaff rigged CAL 34 would certainly surprise some folks who think gaff sails don't go to weather and we'd be showing a lot of transom to a lot of Bendytoys on all points of sail...

Fun stuff!