Saturday, January 09, 2010

Bamboo fiberglass?


I really wish I had a little bit more time for playing guitar and building surfboards, which in my mind are just about the two most relaxing things around...

One of the hassles with board building is that these days the costs of getting blanks down to the Caribbean is simply silly expensive hence my interest in cunning board building systems like the cardboard cores and suchlike.

One company that has been on my radar for some time is  Greenlight Surfboard Supply who are into sustainable materials for surfboard building with a heavy emphasis on bamboo and earth friendly.

One of the carrots I'm holding out to myself for the after new mast and sails reward is building a new surfboard for myself and I am really looking forward to trying out Greenlight's Bamboo Fiberglass which is a very interesting product that may also have all sorts of uses in boatbuilding...