Wednesday, April 27, 2022

a number that caught my attention...

Wendig with a must read on the subject of twitter, cutting back on meat in your diet, and in the "Made up money" department...

It’s funny how time just keeps moving on. For instance, when I sat down to write today’s post, the number 3500 was right there at the top of the page and that 3500 was a veritable shitload of posts. 

Some might say that shitload is an especially apt term, in fact.

Speaking of facts, there is not a day goes by when I’m writing this that I ask myself why I’m doing Boat Bits at all. Part of it is a habit, as it’s been something to do while I have my morning coffee. Though, these days, a single decaffeinated cup is hardly what it used to be.

The main reason I keep hammering on the keyboard has to do with the folks who keep reading my drivel. Since many regular readers have become friends. They’ve caught my typos, corrected links, shared experiences (both good and bad), and offered moral support when I’m depressed with the state of the world.

Fact is, thinking about it, I get a lot more from my readers than I can provide to them.

A lot of folks tell me I’d get a lot more readers if I gave up the passe format of blogging and migrate to something like Facebook or Twitter. While that may be true, I’m not in it for the numbers. Numbers, as a motivator, impede the sort of communication I want to do.

Which is a roundabout way of saying thank you to the folks who get what I do. And, since you’re still reading, post 3500 won’t be the last.

Listening to Wargirl

So it goes...