Friday, August 31, 2018

Something to ponder while sawing some wood...

A barren desert, some ethical considerations, and why "horror" is no bad thing...

I've, of late, been trying to get my head around the subject of minimalism as it seems to morph into something different every time I turn around. So much so that the other day when a friend termed me a "minimalist" the other day in an email I was not sure whether to take it as an insult or not.

Part of the problem with the whole minimalism thing is that no small number of people have co-opted the word in the pursuit of greedy endeavours.

As such, minimalism is a word I now find untrustworthy, irritating, and, more often than not just another consumerist buzzword much like "green".

So, the question is, what words actually define what I'm working towards?

Listening to John Oates

So it goes...