Thursday, January 29, 2015

Speaking of small boats and a good cause...


So, a guy I happen to know recently designed and built a boat. Fact is, it also happens to be a pretty cool sailboat of the scow variety but I don't think I'd be overstating the case to say it is, shall we say, somewhat petite.


So, here's a question... If you had just designed and built a pretty cool boat (that also happens to be kinda small) what would you do with it?


Since I happen to know folks who read Boat Bits on a regular basis are big fans of significnt voyages I'm sure a lot of you would do the first thing that came to my mind...

Go cross a couple of oceans!


What can I say but great minds think alike... Right?

The thing is, doing this sort of trip in a boat less than fifteen feet requires a certain amount of resources and, lucky us, we all need a super cool t-shirt or sticker to impress folks when beer can racing or hanging out at the weekly potluck...


For what it's worth, I know I'll be wearing some of these t-shirts myself (not that I'm trying to impress anyone or anything) because I always need a few new t-shirts and if I can support a good cause in the process, it's kind of a slam dunk...

For those interested in learning more about Yann's project and how to help support it all you have to do is visit his project site.

Just as an added incentive... Get a t-shirt or sticker from Yann and take a picture of yourself wearing it or where you put the sticker and send it to Boat Bits so we can make you infamous and, as you all know, everyone needs a day of infamy.

So it goes...