Wednesday, September 24, 2014

OK, it's a given I'm not big on change...

A little needful historical perspective, some depressing reading, and something you may want to keep in mind...

On a food blog I read on a regular basis they were pimping some products in the guise of a contest and, being both cheap and enamoured of good food, I thought I'd enter. Of course, there was a hitch (isn't there always?) in that you had to have a Facebook account and you had to "Like" the company to enter.

I don't do Facebook...

But, I'm sure that the company in question will get a lot of "Likes" for their products from people who have never ever actually used or tasted them and down the line folks will buy the products on the basis of how many people "like" the products even though those "likes" are not really based on any sort of merit.

Kind of depressing really when you think about it...

I'm actually mentioning this because one reader regularly writes in complaining that I don't use twitter and how it would be in my best interest to morph Boat Bits into a Facebook page because blogging is no longer hip and all the cool kids are on Facebook.

Let me just check and see how I feel about that...




What can I say... I've just never been "cool kids" material.

Listening to Joe Jackson

So it goes...