Monday, August 25, 2014

Something you really should know...

A good point being made, G&T on quasi-fascist sucking up, and sometimes you really should be worried...

There's a guy selling Amsteel on a forum and it got me thinking about what stuff costs.

Now, I don't know about you but when someone is selling something used or surplus to requirements I normally expect them to sell it at a substantial discount... Don't you?

Now in this case the guy is selling some 1/4" Amsteel for 90 cents a foot. which is pretty much full retail but just to be sure I checked the store (LFS Marine) I buy Amsteel from and their normal price per foot was 90 cents a foot.

So not exactly a deal...

Then again, it got me curious about what the more consumerist marine stores were selling Amsteel for and I find West sells 1/4" Amsteel for $1.68 a foot, Defender (who everyone is always telling me is the cheapest around) is selling it for $1.44 a foot, and APS (who everyone tells me is the most expensive) at $1.65 a foot.

I'm pretty sure you can do the math...

Listening to Old Crow Medicine Show

So it goes...