Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sewing machine dreams...

Dan Rather getting it right, Badtux asks a needful question, in the wouldn't it be nice if we were treated like rational adults department, and really, are we all bugfuck insane in the US of A or what...

This morning in my email there was a thing from Sailrite about free shipping so I meandered over and took a look. As it happens, the free shipping did not include those of us in the USVI but as long as I was on the site I spent some time looking at sewing machines because I seriously lust after the Ultrafeed LSZ-1.

Of course, we already have a good but somewhat long-in-the-tooth Yachtsman sewing machine made by Sailrite but it would be nice to trade up so I keep an eye out for  a too-good-to-pass-up deal on the LSZ-1.

I may be waiting for some time as the Sailrite machines are pretty fairly priced without the sort of silly profit margin that lends itself to the sort of 50% off sales that are commonplace in the marine trades...

Listening to Richard Thompson

So it goes...