Monday, April 29, 2013

about that other thing that I do...

Julianna Forlano seriously rocks, this could get interesting, and a film to keep an eye out for...

My day job, so to speak, has pretty much been as a camera operator for films, commercials, and music videos. I mention this because recently there has been a lot of change on the tech side of filmmaking some of it good and some of it not so much.

Such is progress.

On the good side, some changes in tech allow me to shoot a lot of professional stuff with a hacked DSLR (a Panasonic/Lumix GH2) that costs a fraction of what a "proper" HD or film camera would and, even more important, for someone based on a boat it takes up a lot less room...


...than my twenty-seven Anvil cases did.  While I admit I really miss shooting film, HD/2K/4K does have it's perks!

The other nice thing about smaller more affordable gear is that I can now afford to make the sort of films I want on subjects like sailing and cruising without having to spend more time trying to raise money and sell others on the idea than the actual film-making process...

But, more about that later...

Listening to Mr Big

So it goes...