Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I am so tired of TLC and new frelling toilets...

Simply heartbreaking but hey all's fair where profit is concerned, how drug money greed justification mirrors the gun industry, and stuff from/about ten years ago...

The worst part of looking for a boat is how, in the parlance of Dr House, everybody lies...

"Sure, the boat's ready to sail away. All it needs is just a little TLC..."
The boat in question had a price tag that implied it was ready to go but a few questions to the owner about what TLC might actually entail it became obvious that my definition of "TLC" and the seller's were woefully far apart...
"So, what's it need?"
"Nothing it's ready to go...maybe some varnish"
"How's the engine?"
 "Oh, there isn't one but its got a brand new toilet..."
"How about the sails?"
"Well you'll need to get a jib but it has brand new running lights and wiring"
"OK, how big is the battery bank?"
"No batteries, I guess you'll need to get those"
"What about the rig?"
"It's great... but a rigger I know mentioned that you may need to do something about the chainplates..."
Hell, maybe it's just me but whenever I hear the words "Just a little TLC"  and "It has a brand new toilet" I begin to expect we're talking about the boat from hell...

Listening to Johnny Cash

So it goes...