Monday, February 25, 2013

On not having to contend with bodice rippers anymore...

Several sandwiches short of a picnic, something to make those long night watches interesting, and a band worth watching...

I'm currently re-reading Stephen King's and Peter Straub's "The Talisman" as a prelude to getting into their "Black House"... It's a good book and much better in fact, than I remember it being.

I mention this because, for me at least, reading has always been a big part of the whole living-on-a-boat-in-interesting-places gig.

As it happens, the introduction of Amazon with its Kindle and digital delivery makes it all the better. Instead of being dependent on book swaps in places that don't have decent bookstores, I can pretty much access any book I want anywhere in the world...

While I do miss some of the social interaction that was a big part of swapping books, I'll have to be honest and say I don't miss at all those book swaps where you're confronted with a stack of Barbara Cartland bodice rippers and those "Cat Who" books.

Listening to Gram Parsons

So it goes...