Saturday, February 23, 2013

all over again...

A growth industry we really should shut down, just call him Mr Empathy, and Lefsetz on a film I can't wait to see...

Throwing away stuff is hard...

There's those two teak backing pads that are too small for anything I can think to use them for, all those odd surplus-to-requirements sockets that seem to breed in my tool bag, plumbing stuff that does not fit anything on the boat, lots of stainless and bronze fittings that don't actually fit anything on the boat...

Oh yeah, can't forget all that rope leftover from various projects but too short to be of any real use...

...and, of course, there's wire, lots and lots of wire in small (spelled too frelling short) bits that might come in handy some day.

The really scary thing is whenever I do a serious purge of the boat of clutter and scraps a couple of weeks later I find myself with a project that actually needs two small bits of teak, some too short wire scraps, and some odd stainless or bronze hardware that is no longer made...

...and the process starts all over again.

Listening to Reel Big Fish

So it goes...