Monday, January 21, 2013

well, some of us thrive on change...

The dark side of quinoa, a couple of good points being made, and Lefsetz on the "Harder They Come"...

My iMac, which I use for video editing, just died.

To be truthful, I'm not really going to miss it as it took up a hellacious amount of space on the bulkhead and its non-upgradeable nature meant I could not upgrade to a newer more friendly to my current project list editing program without purchasing a new computer and editing program so, at best, it was already a dead computer walking...

The real problem in all this is it's not just getting a new computer and editing program because we're not just getting a new computer we're getting a new computer that's not from Apple so it entails a serious mindset change.

I mention this because it's not unlike the head space disruption when I went from monohull guy to multihull guy or, for that matter when I went from multihull guy back to extreme shallow draft monohull guy... The bottom line is you have to adapt, roll with the flow, and madness lurks for those who expect otherwise.

That said, that Windows startup page is somewhat unsettling...

Listening to John Hiatt

So it goes...