Tuesday, January 08, 2013

A wintry day in paradise...

Reich making some sense, a not unreasonable workaround, and a dolphin I must see in the wild...

Wow, the sun just came out!

The last week or so has been windy, rolly, and rainy... Not exactly conducive to painting the deck and all the other little jobs on my to-do list.

So, today seems to be a row to shore and trek to the post office. I get to pick up my new-to-me Navico Tiller Pilot which I picked up for $100!

There's a lot to be said for buying used electronic gear... For one, it's cheap (the same tillerpilot now marketed under the Simrad name costs a whole lot more), and if something electronic still works after a few years it is more than likely going to continue working till the cows come home, which, I might add, is not something you can say about NEW electronics these days.

As for the rowing gig... I'm still enjoying it. That said, the return row is almost always dead to windward and swell so I almost always arrive back at the boat wet (then again, if memory serves I was mostly wet when motoring back as well...) but I tell myself that it's both good exercise and all the money I'm saving on gas and two-stroke oil brings a smile to my face.

Listening to Bahamas

So it goes...