Monday, December 10, 2012

On listening to your inner spidey sense...

Hey, here's an idea, dealing with a sad little bigot, and Derek Silvers makes an empowering connection...

So...

I've been gravitating towards a new test bed project to test some theories regarding cruising sail design and recently a boat that seemed perfect came on the market locally for very cheap.

Now, I tend to be wary around sentences that contain both the word "boat" and "perfect" but my spidey sense had not kicked in and it was cheap (a word that certainly plucks my heart strings). Cheap enough, in fact, to fix a helluva a lot of imperfection.

So, yeah, I'll admit that my rose tinted Vuarnets (and everyone knows how Vuarnets make the world look great) were very much part of the mix...

But (and you know there is always a "but") a couple days back my spidey sense started kicking in. It started with the odd stray thought about the time the new project might take up and once that thought took hold there was a flood of other little things when added together had the spidey sense going at full tilt boogie.

I almost always listen to the spidey sense when it talks above a whisper and the few times I have ignored it... Well, let's just say I have always found myself wishing I had.

So, the junk/balanced lug schooner test bed ain't going to be happening...

That said, anyone know where I can find a pair of CAL 20's?

Listening to It's A Beautiful Day

So it goes...