Tuesday, August 07, 2012

about those bespoke wood butchery tools...

A perplexing question, on a subject of some import, and it's not just about fret boards on guitars...

The other day I got a blurb in my email about some bespoke wood butchery tools that were on sale and, as it happens, one of the pictured tools was on my list of needful things aboard "So It Goes".

That thing in question was a dovetail marker but when I went to the company's website I found that the dovetail marker on offer was $36... Way too expensive for both my budget and somewhat seriously overpriced for what it happens to be.

For those who don't know what a dovetail marker looks like, here's an example...

Yeah, two tiny bits of metal and a couple of rivets. Though the "bespoke" wood butchery store had it in brass. Anyway, I'm pretty sure you all know me well enough by now to know that I'm not paying that kind of money for two little bits of metal and a couple of rivets...

Amazon happened to have one that was a much more reasonable $14 and there is a good chance that I'll actually buy it as I need one and building one myself would be just another addition to the LIST... And you know how that goes.

Listening to Spirit

So it goes...