Friday, June 08, 2012

on holding stuff still...

Worth a watch, some pretty ridiculous numbers, and how about those bizarre disturbing passions...

As it happens, a lot of folks I know are embarking on boatbuilding and boat repair projects, so I'll point out a couple ideas that make working on a boat a lot easier...

My two favorite power tools for boat projects are my Fein tool (plus a Harbor Freight clone) and my routers (a 1.5HP Ryobi and a small palm router) but both sorts of tools work best when you are dealing with projects that stay in place... Not always easy on a boat and in/around small spaces. Mike over at Zero to Cruising gave me a great idea sometime back with his cut down Workmate which works a treat. For even smaller spaces and when using routers and suchlike, the Rockler Bench cookies make routing (or drilling and sawing) a no-hassle enterprise.

For metal work, a vise is always a needful part of the equation... The bigger the better!



Listening to Dr John

So it goes...