Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Not just another day...

An excellent article, Kunstler says something worth reading, and about those who don't see climate change...

Being something of a politics junkie, to say I'm real interested in what's going on today is something of an understatement. My guess is that whatever happens up in Wisconsin today will foretell what happens on the national stage in November, so it's one of those make or break days.

On the boat front, I just received a new to me sail in the mail yesterday. The interesting part is that the guy selling it to me wanted to send it via UPS which would have cost $460... Being Mr Cheap Seats, it's hardly surprising that I balked at this sort of highway robbery and went with Mr Zip instead... The cost of shipping the sail by the USPS was a much more reasonable $27 and it got here just fine. Some of you folks who want to see the USPS privatized might want to do the math on that one...

Listening to Guy Clark

So it goes...