Sunday, June 24, 2012

Just another Sunday in paradise...

Not the best news I've read today, follow the money, and this is interesting...

It's Sunday, the waffles are cooking, and, I expect, I have a date with some sandpaper and paint!

Sadly, it's not dazzle time yet... More touching up some stuff in the cockpit and other spots in need of a little "help"...

For those with an interest, my paint of choice for "So It Goes" in all places other than the actual hull (I now use System Three water based LPU for that) I use Rust-oleum because it's user friendly, gives a good long-lasting finish, and it is CHEAP in comparison to other marine paints... I just can't see using paint that costs $50 a quart when one that works just as well goes for $15.

The other product I find impossible to live without where painting in the tropics is concerned is Penetrol which I use to adjust the properties of the paint instead of using thinners.

So, some waffles then a little sanding, some paint, and you never know but there might even be a little cold beer in the mix as well... A nice way to spend a Sunday in paradise!

Listening to Ezra

So it goes...