Monday, April 30, 2012

Some thoughts on the shopping list...

Neil Gaiman on Stephen King, Waves for Water working it in Peru, and an interview worth reading...

Unlike a lot of boatfolk, I'm not really big on the whole buying stuff thing. For me, it's more chore than pleasure and, when all is said and done, I'd simply rather not. That said, every once and a while I find myself making up a shopping list...

The current shopping list has been in something of a stasis as a few products have been waiting for approval by government bodies and such like... Case in point, the new Kannad SafeLink R10 which has been out there for awhile but unavailable to us folks in the US of A for the last year due to slow moving FCC bureaucracy.



It just got approval so we should be able to buy them now... The problem is with a suggested retail of $449 it is certainly more than a lot of folks are willing to pay but, West Marine currently lists them for $320, which is certainly a step in the right direction. The question whether or not a pair of them find themselves on my shopping list is still undecided.

Listening to Kassav

So it goes...