Thursday, January 12, 2012

A trebuchet and a bucket of...

Krugman making a comment on a story you should read, how bankers make out in the "new" bank fraud deal, and yet more on the cupcake too far story...

"There is not much mental distance between a feeling of having been screwed and the ethic of total retaliation, or at least the kind of random revenge that comes with outraging the public decency."
Hunter S. Thomson

I'm really pissed off...

A while back I mentioned that we had bought a new dinghy. I was looking forward to testing it as it was sorta/kinda out of the box different and it would be an interesting set of posts as proof of concept on a better cruising dinghy idea and hopefully of no small interest to Boat Bits readers...

Apparently not to be, I'm afraid. We paid for the boat on Thanksgiving Day and you'd think it was more than enough time for me to write a review... But, there's a little problem...

I don't have the dinghy.

Yesterday the company we bought it from informed us that in point of fact they were unwilling to send us a replacement or even refund our money because it might actually show up in a couple of months or so... Considering we paid for the shipping and the insurance, this is not happy making at all.

So, you might see how today I'm not really in a very good mood but, my Mom taught her son one should not write too much while furious or before you have a cunning plan to make someone really, really sorry they ever messed with you... Not, I might add, unsurprising advice from a woman whose favorite reading material was Beowulf.

But, as it happens, a lot of folks actually read Boat Bits (368 people dropped by yesterday) and someone who screws with the cruising and river running communities should keep in mind that it is a very, very small world...

I'll be saying more as the story develops, but for the moment what better time to check out a Norwegian flick about zombie Nazis (I'm in that kind of mood).




Hmmm, anyone seen my trebuchet?

Listening to Warren Zevon

So it goes...

Oh, by the way, a boat company who won't screw you over...