Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Not to mention the head shaped dent in the bulkhead...

Very much worth a listen, who should the economy be for, and the four stages of collapse are...

As the local news this morning pointed out that gas/diesel prices would be going up another nine cents, I realized there was no better time like the present to install our new solar panels ASAP.

The solar panels are easy. Moving the old panels to the top of the hard dodger which requires the addition of a bimini frame and a bit of sewing is tricky but not overly problematic, except that the bimini frame's desired location is just about where I wanted to install a pair of snubbing winches to handle the running backstays... Throw in the fact that as long as I'm going to be installing the bimini frame I really should do the winches and then there's that wanting to extend the winch island to form a seat to improve visability.

Since I'm going to extend the winch island, I might as well remove and reseat that stanchion base which has developed a bit of a wobble and, if I'm going to be doing that base, I might as well do them all which would be a good time to replace the lifelines which are just about to their sell by date...

Of course, doing anything on a boat is always dovetailed into other projects which in turn are connected to yet more projects and before you know it you are reduced to a drooling idiot crouched in the corner banging your head against a bulkhead and muttering "make it stop!"

Listening to the Chambers Brothers

So it goes...