Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Badger sighting...

Scary homework in Georgia, TechDirt makes a point or two, and a book I've been looking forward to for a long time.

Kerry over on Promenade (an Irens designed tri) recently took a picture of a Benford Badger currently sailing in the BVIs...

I'd hazard a guess that the junk rigged plywood dory is Jay Benford's most popular design as we have several Boat Bits readers sailing, building, and rehabbing this particular design, which, from where I sit says a lot.

I suspect that a large part of the Badger's popularity has to do with the must read book for anyone on a budget, "Voyaging on a Small Income" by Annie Hill, who made such a good case for the junk rig and their "Badger"...

I don't know about you but it certainly is a boat that makes a lot of sense to me.

Listening to Jerry Jeff Walker

So it goes...