Friday, November 04, 2011

No scow content whatsoever...

Old news does not mean no news, life makes so much more sense when drawn, and something that makes sense...

It's raining... The sort of can't-get-anything-done-maybe-I-should-find-my-ark-plans kind of deluge. Bummer!

What I really hate about this sort of rain is it lets you know where all those new leaks are, and that, of course, adds to my project list and since I can't actually fix anything till it's all dry it's all kinds of stressful... My better half just pointed out that the U-bolt on the starboard side is just such a leak... Aaarrrrghhh!

Actually, it's not all bad, as I do have to repaint the deck soonish so removing deck hardware and re-bedding is par for the course, but the various torrential drips are as annoying as being stuck doing the wash in a laundromat with FOX news on.

That being said, it is a good day to do nothing as I have finally got off the fence on the e-reader front and got a Kindle and I like it. We also picked up a lighted cover for it which I balked at for $20-something (the one I linked to is silly expensive but it does go on deep discount from time to time) on sale but, for someone like myself who does most of his reading late at night, it is a must have. So I may just kick back with the new (to me) Crais book, put on some leak canceling headphones, and do some reading...

Listening to John Fogerty

So it goes...