Wednesday, November 09, 2011

I used to take clocks apart as well...

Yet another "Big Lie", The White House on "government interactions with extraterrestrial beings", and ZTC asks a question and makes a point...

So, the big rock did not go bump... Color me a happy camper! On the other hand, an astute reader sent me something else to worry about.

John Vigor recently had a great post relating to mainsails and roach and, as usual, he made a lot of sense and got me thinking...

Now, you might say that I'm real committed to battens in my Simplicity rig but, at the same time, I am very curious about how the Simplicity rig would compare to a roachless main given the same luff and foot dimensions. So I'm on the hunt for just such a used sail to play with because I'd like to actually have a little more knowledge only available through real testing. What can I say, I'm addicted to knowing how things really work...

I do have one point of contention with Mr Vigor on the whole batten thing and that is they work just fine and do not cause the sort of issues mentioned if actually done right... That said, most batten installation done by sailmakers (and I use that word very loosely) these days are simply accidents and problems waiting to happen.

Listening to the Wailin' Jennys

So it goes...