Tuesday, August 09, 2011

My current Teva rant...

One sentence speaks volumes, that fracas in London, and, just maybe, I should reconsider a folding bike...

A reader wrote the other day and referred to Boat Bits as an "anti-gear blog" which I find somewhat happy making... Though, truth be told, I don't think it is quite accurate as we actually like good gear. We simply do not trust the marine industry further than I can carry a Westsail 32 up a hill on my back.

There is a difference...

Speaking of gear though, I'd like to mention that Teva is now on my "will buy only on my next ice-climbing vacation in Hades" list. The reason for their inclusion is that I just had two pairs of very lightly used Teva's (Hurricane sandals and Churn water shoes) delaminate... and by delaminate I mean failure of almost all glue joints!

Now, here's a thought if you are going to sell sandals for $50 and water shoes for $80 or so that are glued together you might consider using glue that lasts more than a couple of months!

Just for the record, I also have a pair of Nike sandals whose soles came off less than a week after buying them and my last two pairs of Columbia Sportswear sandals both failed in the same way... I think I detect a bit of an industry trend!

Of course, I'll be able to glue the soles and various bits back on the Teva's with half a tube of 5200 and a lot of swearing, but when you pay this kind of money for shoes you really should not have to...

Ya think?

Listening to the Lovin Spoonful

So it goes