Thursday, January 20, 2011

Some Zydeco anchor thoughts...

I've been hoping that my public disclosure that I have not bought into the next-gen anchor hype would have kept people from anchoring on top of "So It Goes" for fear I'd drag down on them in the middle of the night...

Bummer!

Seriously though, I have been keeping an eye on folks anchors and (at least down here in the Caribbean) the so called next-gen anchor patterns are something of a rarity. Maybe folks who have anchors that work just fine don't seem to have a driving desire to go out and pay a whole lot of money for an anchor that, most likely won't work any better than the one they already have.

We still like our Brittany/FOB pattern anchors as they work and as long as they keep working I just don't see the need to pay five or six times as much for something different.

Being happy with my anchor and not dragging does not help with the fact that some folks just anchor too darn close! What to do?

Well as it happens I have... dare I say it... A cunning plan!

Lately I have been listening to a bit of French music mixed with an equal proportion of Zydeco and it has occurred to me that while I can't have a Hammond B3 and a pair of Leslies on the boat, maybe something a tad smaller like a concertina or a Cajun accordion just might make folks anchor off a bit further...



You have been warned...