Thursday, January 06, 2011

One very cool possible dinghy!

These days we tend to think of dinghies as RIB's and that is just a little problematic... I won't get into the whole RIB's vs other forms of dinghy arguments except to say a lot of us do ourselves a disservice in not looking past the same old same...

Lately I've been leaning towards kayaks but they have their own brand of problems and compromises as well. That said, kayaks are a growing market with a somewhat explosive evolution at the moment and it is only a matter of time till a kayak or kayak like dinghies becomes a serious contender... Fact is. it might already be here!

The Nucanoe fits into that sorta kinda kayak/canoe zone and if I were to describe it to someone I'd call it more dory like than anything else...


Yeah I'd say there is a real dory influence!

The Nucanoe comes in 10 and 12 foot and the company has put a lot of thought and cleverness into making it adaptable to various uses, which for us sailing folk means we can pretty easily adapt it to OUR needs...


Like most tupperware rotomolded boats they are unsinkable and tough, not a bad thing in a dinghy...

Even better is the current pricing... The 10 foot lists for $799 while the 12 foot goes for $899... A quick search on the internet shows me street pricing is maybe $100 less... I have to say I really like this boat!