Thursday, December 30, 2010

While Baby Huey sings...

While never a motorhead, I will admit great affection for the various VW's and Citroens that were, at one time, a part of my life... Any road travel in future will be by local infrastructure or bicycle and self powered. That said, I do still miss my '63 van...

Air travel is also no longer a part of the program. Flying is less an issue with fossil fuels but simply a sign I have reached a point where I'd simply rather travel with my dignity intact. As far as I am concerned, I can pretty much get anywhere I want via sail/bicycle and don't expect it to be much of a disadvantage. Something readers may want to keep in mind as our age of tourism winds down to something approaching a faint memory.

Currently the only internal combustion motors in my life are a small 5HP outboard and small Honda generator and in the course of the next year or so will, hopefully, find myself in a place where those are no longer needed as well... You might say I have a cunning plan!

The point is not about being green. At the end of the year it makes sense to step back a pace and see where you happen to be in the grand scheme of things and, if in the process, you happen to note that life could be a little better with a tweak or two...

So it goes...

Listening to the GREAT and much missed Baby Huey cover "A Change is Going to Come" and, dear readers, to quote the song... "Oh yes it will".