Saturday, August 14, 2010

We got no short of ugly ridin' in on us...

I'm currently in that no man's land of having a bunch of projects I really need to do but finding myself spending more time watching the slow-motion-train-wreck of the US economy unfold which is, to put it simply, much more riveting than installing new chainplates...

Not that I can do anything about the train wreck in progress (not even sure if anyone can do anything about it to be honest) but it is great theatre, and way more interesting than mucking with 5200 and drilling holes in stainless steel. Then again, watching old reruns of the Partridge Family is more interesting than mucking with 5200 and drilling holes in stainless steel, which, when it comes down to it, just may be the root of the problem.

Some jobs on boats are boring and tedious. Some jobs on boats are nasty... and more often than we'd like, some are all of the above. So it goes!

The trick for me is to put the iPod on skull splitting and simply get to doing but some times that initial "get" in the "to doing" is a whole lot harder when there is bugger all in the momentum department.

Now if I can just find my drill bits...