Friday, August 13, 2010

Just maybe the lock I've been searching for...

I've been searching for a boat friendly lock for a whole bunch of years but until recently finding the right lock for my companionway hatch has been akin to finding an honest man in the Senate...

Part of the problem is that locks and related hardware are simply not designed for boats and the ones that are won't even keep honest folk honest as the saying goes... If I'm someplace where I'm locking the boat I want it to stay locked!

The other thing is that keys are simply not boat friendly and for most boat folk combination locks are the way to go but finding a decent combo lock for a hatch is kinda like finding an honest banker from Wall Street throwing snowballs in hell... Not going to happen!

Then again, with global warming and all, maybe Hades is a winter wonderland!

We'll see how this one from Combi works out...