Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I can take Brazil off the must go to list...

I'm not sure why Giannini guitars quit selling in the US market but for us 12 string junkies they have been missed! More than likely you may have seen a Giannini or two with one of the pirate bands as they are quite popular with the Ren-Faire crowd...

The Giannini, with its boat friendly lute sort of shape is easier to stow than the average guitar (well, I keep telling myself that). The real reason for picking up a Giannini, of course, is not for their looks or stowability but the awesome sound that they have. Over the years I have played a bunch of their 12 strings and they all sound... right. Throw in the fact that they actually know how to make a 12 string... A thing most folks don't.

Lucky for us, the Giannini is back selling in the US of A (you can even find them on Amazon!) and from what I hear sounding just as good as ever and with a price point that made me check whether there was a mistake... There wasn't! Can you spell H-A-P-P-Y-C-A-M-P-E-R?