Sunday, May 03, 2009

Glow in the dark from OZ...

I spend a lot of time sailing at night and I'm not alone as anyone who makes longish voyages finds him or herself doing the night watch thing. So color me impressed what some folks from OZ have come up with...

It seems I spend a lot of time with a flashlight clutched between my teeth as I take in a sheet to trim a sail and trying to see what a sail is doing on a moonless night is always problematic. Enter Glowfast who make luminous draft tape and telltale patches which makes trimming a sail in the dark all kinda easier!

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on some in the very near future and testing it. Glowfast lists a couple of stockists in the USA but I don't see them listed on the stockists, websites (Layline Marine & Annapolis Performance Sailing) but it also appears that you can buy direct from Glowfast from their website.

Good stuff!